Hi there! I'm a second year student at Harvard University studying computer science and mathematics, passionate about artificial intelligence and using technology to improve education. I am also heavily involved with the hackathon community.
cyeo [at] college.harvard.edu
A.B. Candidate, Computer Science and Mathematics• August 2018 to May 2022
Activities: HackHarvard Executive Board (Core Team Director), Women in Computer Science, Tuesday Literary Magazine (Fiction Editor), HMMT (Harvard-MIT Math Tournament) Staff, Club Swimming
Summer • August 2015
1 of 24 students selected worldwide, full tuition paid for all participants in 2015. Utilized natural-language processing to aid disaster relief, specifically categorizing tweets from Hurricane Sandy into those asking for help and those providing help. Program now known as Stanford AI4ALL.
Software Engineering Intern • May 2019 to Present • Cupertino, CA
Intern on the Xcode team.
Front-End Developer • April 2018 to March 2019 • Boston, MA
- Worked with a team of 30+ other students to organize TechTogether, Boston's largest all-female and femme non-binary hackathon (formerly known as SheHacks Boston).
Mathematics Research Fellow • June 2017 to July 2017 • Atlanta, GA
- Participated in Emory University's NSF-sponsored REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates), a 6-week number theory research program headed by Ken Ono. Awarded through and sponsored by the Spirit of Ramanujan Math Talent Initiative Fellowship.
- Co-authored and published paper about producing infinite families of polynomials that satisfy the Riemann Hypothesis.
Director• July 2015 to August 2017 • San Jose, CA
- Headed the national council of 40 high school and college students.
- Designed, advised, and reviewed projects that helped improve Khan Academy’s content and strategy.
Content Team Intern • May 2015 to June 2015 • Mountain View, CA
- Evaluated ~2000 videos for the Khan Academy Talent Search video contest.
- Created math and computer programming exercises and quizzes.
- Designed illustrations for the website’s interface and math exercises.
- Tabulated 1500 Excel data responses regarding educational YouTube channels.
- Evaluated all applications for the Student Advisory Council.
Founder & Director • October 2016 to Present • Santa Clara, CA
- Founded & presided over PixelHacks, the Bay Area's first all-female and student-run high school hackathon. Introduced 200+ high school women to computer science, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Oversaw logistics, managed team, & secured $50K+ of monetary & in-kind sponsorships over 2 years.
- Featured by Teen Vogue, Yahoo News, CS4ALL, and other outlets.
- Currently serving as mentor and advisor.
November 2018 to December 2018 • Cambridge, MA
February 2018 to June 2018 • Oakland, CA
Built a platform that uses reinforcement learning to create automated teachers for math problems by training AI students. This platform involved a multi-AI system, with a recurrent neural network (RNN) based student AI and reinforcement learning based teacher AI. Also utilized the following libraries: Tensorflow, Keras, Gym, and Baselines (from OpenAI).
April 2017 to August 2017 • Atlanta, GA
In this paper, revisiting work of Rodriguez-Villegas, we produce infinite families of polynomials that satisfy the essential expected properties of the Riemann zeta-function. We identify natural families of rational functions in x which are the generating functions for the values of “zeta-polynomials” Z_T(s). In analogy with the zeta-function, these polynomials satisfy the Riemann Hypothesis.
March 2017 • Fremont, CA
June 2016 to July 2016 • San Jose, CA
Created with Ariel B. Employing multiple color sensors and a complicated detection algorithm, the Arduino car was able to successfully track down and follow a line on the ground in any direction. Watch a video of the line-following car here.
March 2014 to June 2016 • San Jose, CA
Letter Pop is an iOS and Android word game, in which there are letters on balloons and you pop the balloons to spell out valid words. The goal of this game is to improve users' spelling and vocabulary.
August 2015 • Stanford, CA
Utilized natural-language processing to aid disaster relief, specifically categorizing tweets from Hurricane Sandy into those asking for help and those providing help. Coded in Python, employing a Bayesian model.
Palantir • April 2019
1 of 10 (out of 700+ applicants) in North America awarded the Palantir Women in Technology Scholarship (recipients of a $7000 scholarship and an all-expense paid trip to Silicon Valley).
AI4ALL • January 2018
Granted AI4ALL's Future Leaders in AI Research Fellowship to conduct research in the field of artificial intelligence.
Corporation for National and Community Service • June 2017
Awarded for extensive amount of hours dedicated to volunteer service in education, especially in my efforts dedicated to bridging the gender gap in technology.
She++ • April 2017
1 of 30 students selected nationally out of over 500 students to present PixelHacks at the annual #include Summit held at Stanford University in an all-expense paid weekend in the Silicon Valley.
Templeton World Charity Foundation • February 2017
1 of 8 in the world awarded fellowship, 1 of 3 in the US. The Spirit of Ramanujan Math Talent Initiative seeks to discover mathematical talent, from around the world, through creative challenges.
Apple, Inc. • June 2016
1 of 350 worldwide recipients of a scholarship to attend Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference.
National Center for Women & Information Technology• March 2016
Awarded "in recognition of excellent aptitude and interest in computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history, and future plans in the field of computer science."
- Raytheon-FIRST Robotics Scholarship (2018)
- Facebook F8 Developer Conference Scholar (2018)
- National Merit Scholarship Finalist (2018)
- Cameron Impact Scholarship Finalist (2017)
- Featured as #2 in Mogul's 50 High Schoolers You Need to Know About (2017)
- NCWIT National Runner-Up (2017, 2016, 2015)
- National AP Scholar (2016)
- AP Scholar with Distinction (2015)
- North California Economics Challenge State Championship Finalist (all-freshman team placed in top 5 of Northern California) (2015)
Teen Vogue • March 2018
Mogul • August 2017
AI4ALL • June 2017
Expii • May 2016
I did eight seasons of competitive swimming (2010-2018). I also love creative writing, calligraphy, photography, and cheering on the Golden State Warriors.